A good night's sleep for me and a not-so-good night's sleep for Jenny would lead you to believe that she is still feeling lousy. While that is somewhat true, she said she is feeling much better today, so we're hopeful for some good rest tonight.
Two pieces of good news: (1) Our translator Natasha said that she thinks that the children look more and more beautiful the longer they spend with their new parents. She said this is definitely the case with Max. (2) When the caregiver brought Max into the bonding room, she said that they put him into the clothes he wears during our visits a little earlier than usual today. She said that Max became antsy to be taken upstairs. She said that he gets very excited to come upstairs for our visits. This of course made our day.
One piece of bad news (though it was not a surprise): Our fifteenth day of the appeals period falls on a Friday. We were hoping that they would give us custody on that day. Sadly, we will have to wait until Monday. Typically, parents get custody on the sixteenth day after court, but since this will be a Saturday, we are going to have to wait an extra two days. Bummer. Our new "Gotcha Date" will now be Monday, September 7th.
Today's visit was another good one. We saw Max set a new personal record for steps without holding on or falling. He walked (without any prompting on our part) for about 10 or 12 steps before falling forward and catching himself with his hands. We were very proud. Aside from that, it was more of the usual.
.jpg)

Do you know that "Gottcha Day", Monday, September 7 is Labor Day on this side of the world? What an appropriate day to get custody!
ReplyDeleteYou are right about Max looking more beautiful every day. We can definitely see it in your posts. By the way, you guys are also glowing!
I agree with Natasha. He is definitely looking more beautiful and it sounds like he enjoys your visits a lot, at least he giggles a lot. I love all the pictures. I'm glad to hear he get excited when he knows he's going to see you guys. You all make a wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteDarn on not getting custody on day 16. I know the dissapointment in that. So great that Max anticipates your visits. You are so close. I am finding that each day I am getting more excited for you. I almost can't wait unitil your gotcha day.
ReplyDelete