Well, let's get the suspense over with....WE ARE NOW PARENTS!
We were scheduled to visit with Max from 10am-noon which meant we would be going right to the babyhouse in our new duds. However, we had some other good news in the morning: our luggage was on its way to Aktobe and would be here while we were in court. So we re-scheduled our visit to the 4-6pm time and went to the airport. This worked much better since all of Max's toys (and his Cheerios) were in our checked bags.
More good news...when we got back to the apartment, the IT guy was here to get us on the internet. So now we don't have to drink beer in a smoky cafe to get online.
And then finally, we got to see Max! It was wonderful to get to see him again after two and a half loooong months apart. As we expected, there wasn't much recognition, but he readily came to us and had lots of fun playing with his toys and us. He settled right back into his usual routine of cups and rings at the bench, walking (with assistance still), and Cheerio time. They had him in a T-shirt and shorts with only one pair of socks (we actually got to see his toes for the first time). They also had a thin hat on him, but we took that off first thing. They had resumed shaving his head as we expected, but we're also guessing that will stop now that we are in our appeals period (in 15 days, we will get custody!).
Getting some comfort from his Mommy after he hit his head
We're back at "home" now and are going to enjoy some ramen noodles before going to bed early.

I don't know what to say other then CONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDelete- Kevin Kahny
Oh my gosh you two!! He is so amazing and so lucky to have two amazing parents like you! The picture where Jenny is comforting him is wonderful. He looks so happy to be reunited with his parents. I cant wait for more updates and I especially cannot wait to meet him. It will be here in no time! Give Max a big hug and kiss for me! Congratualations and I love you.
ReplyDeleteKristin
Congratulations, Mom & Dad!!! How great. I can't wait to meet him. I'm glad things are going great. You all look so happy. What a great birthday present. Thanks! Love and prayers to all.
ReplyDeleteMom
YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!! All that good news in such a short period! Guess yesterday was your "labor", huh? He looks great! (Love the video!) I am teary for you! Did Jenny have to talk in court at all? I, too, was expecting something a little more formal for "court". While we waited in the hall waiting for our appointment, it felt like waiting in the hall in high school right before you sang your solo at OMEA. (They probably were looking at your clothes thinking you looked like natives! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy these next couple weeks. As much as you can't wait to get home, someday you will wish to be back...
BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!!
Laura
YEA!!! I'm so excited for you all! What a relief. I've been checking back for updates so often I'm so glad to see this! I was going to comment on your last "bad" post and say how I'm sure it was all terrible but I can't wait for our turn! (you may have to remind me of that when we're struggling in Kaz:) )To be at that stage is still only a dream for us. Now this "awesome" post really gets me ready to go! Thanks for keeping this blog and sharing. You give us hope! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteJulie
The Utah Darnells say HOOOORAAAAAY! Has Louie told you that we'll be coming to town for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas this year?...you'll be getting Max's quilt a little sooner than you thought! Here's to your best day ever! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete~Louie, Mary, & Madelyn
Wow!! Congratulations to the new Mommy and Daddy!! I am so happy for you guys. What an exciting day.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless all of you!
Becky Bill
Congratulations Scott & Jenny!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for all 3 of you! Now, we need a family portrait!
ReplyDeleteThis is so fantastic! Hugs to you all from across the sea! Yesterday's bad day made this day all the sweeter for you. We cannot wait to welcome the Louis family home. Charlie is anxiously waiting for his new friend. Congratulations Mommy and Daddy and Max!
ReplyDeleteLove, Krista
Such great (and long awaited) news. I'm so happy for the three of you. Now we wait for this beautiful family to come home. Congratulations.
ReplyDeletepeg.
What a journey it's been (and continues to be). The best is yet to come, mom and dad! I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. Give Max a hug for me!
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news! Congratulations you guys! We are so thrilled for you! Max is the luckiest boy on earth right about now.
ReplyDelete~Robyn, Sean & Tommy
Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!!! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to meet the newest Louis!
ReplyDeleteBev, Roger and Carlie
I just flashed back to the visit you two made to the hospital when Liam was born. I am loving seeing you holding your son, giving smooches, exploring little toes, tabulating the cost of diapers. Welcome to parenthood!! The Kelleys
ReplyDeletewhat wonderful, amazing news!!!I am thrilled for you and Max!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete