Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Appeals Period - Day 12

Here is a video clip that we intended to post yesterday but were unable to due to the intermittent internet connection...


It was an early morning for me today since I awoke at 5:30am to prepare for our fantasy football draft at 6:15am (which was 9:15pm for those back home). I felt I did ok with the draft since I like Drew Brees a lot and you can't go wrong with Reggie Wayne.

Anyway, our visit today was good as usual. Max was his normal happy self when he was brought in to see us. He was however out of sorts due to the fact that we were sharing the room today with another adoptive family. There was a single Spanish lady and her mom who were bonding with a baby girl. They were also accompanied by there coordinator, interpreter, interpreter's baby, interpreter's sister. So he spent much of our visit keeping an eye on all the new people. He was very much used to having the room all to himself. Despite his preoccupation, Max was still in very good spirits. It is getting harder for us to leave him and it will be very difficult if we have to go Saturday and Sunday without seeing him. (We were told that the orphanage would be closed for the weekend and that our team was getting a couple days off. We're hoping that we might be allowed to walk to the orphanage ourselves and visit on one of those two days because we don't really need Natasha to be there. The caregivers and doctors recognize us and know why we're there, so we've got our fingers crossed that we won't have to miss each of the two days before our Gotcha Day.)



5 days until we get custody of Max!!

4 comments:

  1. Max just gets cuter every single day! I am praying you won't miss your visits this weekend.

    By the way, how's the assembly of the baby bed coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. I too hope you get to see the little guy this weekend. That would stink and make for a long weekend. BUT, it will make Monday that much greater.

    Tell me about his Gap shirt. Is there a Gap over yonder or is that shirt you brought him?

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAAA!! I'm afraid I am addicted to my Max updates. You may have to continue these daily updates until he is at least 16. And we must have at least one video clip per day. Do you think you can comply with these requests???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five days is not long at all. Incredible to be at this stage. Can't wait to see the photos of Max when he breaks out. Max is really looking intently at Scott in the video. Hope, hope you get to visit over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete