This morning we went to the National Museum. Kate and Leonid dropped us off, but Kate could not accompany us because she and Marina had a training meeting at the US Embassy. The museum has four halls. Hall #1 was prehistoric stuff. Hall #2 featured traditional clothing, customs, culture, etc. Hall #3 had exhibits on all of the different ethnicities that are in Kazakhstan and also had a lot on the Kazakhstan and the USSR’s role in WWII. Hall #4 was all about present-day Kazakhstan. All in all, it was a fairly interesting two hours. The one downside was that much of the title cards and explanations were in Russian and Kazakh, but not in English. We would estimate about a quarter had the English translation. So a lot of our time was spent just looking at the artifacts and pictures and then moving on (while feeding Max to keep him quiet).
After lunch and naptime, we went out to meet the Joneses (who arrived here today) for dinner. They requested Mamma Mia’s and we obliged even though we had it last night (it was that good). Jenny again had the gnocchi and Max again had the mashed potatoes, while I had the Spaghetti Bolognese. It was nice to see them again and we are planning on going out one last time tomorrow night to dinner at a nearby café.
Our Embassy appointment was moved up to 1pm, so we will spend much of the morning and afternoon packing everything back up for the trip home (LOVE typing that just now!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's almost Saturady! Can't wait! Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteLove and Prayers,
Mom
Yipee! I am so happy for all of you! I will say I will be a little sad not to read all of your updates and look at all your pictures, but hopefully Scott will post stuff on facebook so I can keep in the loop. Here's hoping for safe travels with minimal problems. By the way, I was cracking up at Rodger's comment about adopting Sean...
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you-Jill (Tierney) Hudak
Yay!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are typing it. You are so close now. Enjoy your final day and we will see you soon!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to pack enough food to feed the army, I mean to feed Max on the flights home.
Prayers for safe travels!
Good luck at the Embassy and have a great trip home! Woo-hoo!! We'll send Max subliminal sleep messages for the flight home!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for happy travels!!
Love, Laura and the Hollands!