Sunday, October 11, 2009

Settling in

We've had a fairly uneventful week. Max is adjusting very well. His sleeping is still great, going to bed without much fuss and he sleeps through the night with no trouble. His only issue is still with food, but even that has shown mild improvement.

Max went to his first KinderMusic class this week and he enjoyed himself pretty much, although he didn't get too involved in it. He'll be going once a week with our friend Laura when she watches him on Tuesdays after Jenny returns to work. Hopefully, he'll participate a little more in future classes.

Max has his big doctor appointment this Wednesday at the Children's Hospital International Adoption Center. It will be a three to four hour appointment in which they will run a battery of tests and give him a thorough checkup.

Max is understanding English a lot more these days and has even begun to repeat some simple words like apple, up, nana (for banana), diap diap (for a diaper change), hi, ball, pup pup (for Sydney). Speaking of Sydney, here's a sweet video of the two of them.


2 comments:

  1. I had to watch the video clip several times. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny and Scott,
    Welcome home. I am so sorry I missed seeing
    Max Sunday when you were at your Mom and Dad's.
    I was over at Bob's house and forgot then I
    suddenly remembered that you were going to be
    there so I immediately left and drove quite
    speedily to get there but missed you by a few minutes. Anyway it was probably better since
    later that evening I got a super sore throat.
    The Lord is looking out for Max.
    Well. I will be looking forward to the next time. Love, Marlene

    ReplyDelete