Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Appeals Period - Day 6

We would like to start off by wishing Bob (Jenny's brother) a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Still not a ton of sleep for me and Jenny is still feeling under the weather. This morning, she started her Cipro antibiotic that we brought with us from home. Hopefully that will start to get her tummy issues under control (thank you, Jen Kelley for the advice). She did have a nice two and a half hour nap this afternoon.

We had another morning visit with Max today. The morning time seems to be better for him as he was back to his more energetic and happy self as you can see in these photos.






Not too much new stuff going on during our visits (we are back in Groundhog Day mode). We did hear the caregiver getting Max to talk when she was bringing him up to the bonding room. She was saying ma ma ma and he was repeating, so that was nice to hear. It was actually one of the caregivers that has been a little surly with us, so we were happy that she was so nice to Max. I think some of the nannies are sad that Max's time in the orphanage is coming to an end. We are sure that they are happy that he will have a forever family, but they will miss him. As he will likely miss them as well. All in all, we had a good visit today. Here are a couple of video clips.


9 more days until we receive custody!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Glad mornings are happy times for him -- can't wait for Kindermusik! :)

    Big blessings today to all!
    Laura

    P.S. What is the Russian word for "Cheese!" He was working that camera today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture looks just like Louie in a photo from Sean's Patrick Day party. I mean... to a tee.

    I don't know if you should be happy or sad about that fact.

    Hmm.

    Love and hugs,

    Rp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best pictures yet. The picture of Jenny and Max is the best. He just gets cuter and cuter every day. Can't wait for the waiting period to be over. I also can't wait to see Max with Sydney. I show her the blog every day.
    Love Mom (Jan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Bob!

    Oh my goodness, his smile couldn't get any bigger. I think you have one happy little boy! And the way Max is looking at his Mommy - now that is genuine love!

    Jenny, I hope you feel better soon. I'd give you M&M's if you were at school.

    Love and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 more days, so close, so soon, so, oh my gosh you almost have him in your custody. The cup stacking video is a hoot. He is so determined and focused. The second photo, wow, he looks like a content, cheerful little guy. You are going to have so many good times with him. He seems to have such a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete