Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bonding Day #10

We had another morning session with Max today because it is Saturday (weekends are in the morning). He was wide awake and was pretty active. The room was very crowded today. Usually, we are in the room with just the Spanish couple and their daughter Fleur, but today we had that couple, our Alaskan friends and their little guy Dmitri, and a Belgian couple with their 6-year-old biological daughter Mirte (very hyperactive) and their adoptive daughter Mikka with whom they are bonding. We had the usual routine of cups, rings, walking by the bench, etc.


Here is a photo of Max and Dmitri (sort of) playing together.


And a photo of Jonathan and Shannon with Dmitri.


Funny story. Our driver Tolgat (pronounced like "toll" "got") speaks almost no English. Just a word here and there. Asks "How baby?" and points out "school" and things like that, but otherwise speaks very little English though he wants to very badly. He listens to a lot of techno music including some American stuff. One English word he does know....Aerosmith. Another...Bruce Willis. And yet another....Armageddon. That's right, our Kazakh driver is a big fan of Jenny's favorite movie, Armageddon. Small world. Here's a photo of Tolgat...

And our newly found yummy chocolate...

6 comments:

  1. Those little children are all absolutely adorable. (But not as cute as Max, of course!) I'll bet by now, that chocolate is just an empty wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching and reading your blog is like watching a miracle unfold. That little boy is so lucky to have you as parents and you are so lucky you found him. The hand of God must be in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny and Scott,
    That sounded like an active room today.
    By the time you actually get home with Max
    you will have a whole photo album of the
    adoption procedure for him to look through.
    Do you get the same driver all the time?
    It sounds like Tolgat was very friendly.
    Did you save the chocolate wrapper to put
    in the album or are you saving the whole
    bar to bring home.
    Have a good tomorrow. Looking forward to
    every days blog. I don't get addicted to
    soap operas but I am to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Armageddon!? Wow, I am sure that is not just by chance. I would have loved to see your faces when he said it. That is great! Maybe God was trying to spice up your Groundhog Day :)

    On that note, I am sure Max welcomes the routine and finds it comforting. Lots of love..S

    ReplyDelete
  5. BS!

    No way does a smart-looking guy like Tolgat enjoy a brainless flick like Armaggedon.

    Maybe he was saying that it was terrible, and it got lost in translation?

    I'm sticking with that theory.

    Love to the Max!

    Rp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny and Scott,
    I'm so happy for you guys and Max. He is adorable and getting cuter by the day. You should feel soo blessed!

    I really enjoy following your blog and the progression you are making. I'm also enjoying the pronunciations of some words you're running into. So how do you pronounce the name of your new fav chocolate bar? ;-)

    Have a safe trip home!

    Kelleen

    ReplyDelete