Today was another morning session and it was very crowded again with the same four families as yesterday (though the Belgian girl wasn't quite as hyper today). Max was in good spirits and had lots of fun, but he did keep trying to take the toys that the Belgian family had brought. Aside from that, it was business as usual. He does seem to be initiating more walking (with assistance), not needing to be convinced as much as before. Shannon hadn't seen him in a week, but yesterday said that he looks different to her (in a good way). That made us feel good.
The caregivers have been dressing him in some of the clothes that we brought. We take his hat off as soon as they bring him in, but we don't try to peel off the layers. He had an undershirt, a polo, and a hoodie on today with two layers on the bottom. Here's his hoodie with the puppy on it.
We do love how ticklish Max is.
We just returned from a short walk on which we took a picture of a statue of Abul Khair Khan. He was a leader of the Kazakh Little Juz, which was located in what is now western Kazakhstan. He ruled in the 18th century and was allied with the Russian crown at the time. The statue is located just to the west of our apartment building, across the street from a nice park. After strolling past the statue, we went to the AHBAP (pronounced "anbar"), our local market. We have just about run out of the food that we brought (what in the world are we going to do when we are here for 6 weeks?), so we needed to pick up some water, eggs, cheese, fruit, etc. Here are a couple of photos of the statue.
And here he is on a Kazakh stamp that I found on Wikipedia.

That little giggle just melts your heart. I love how Max reaches out for Jenny to give more tickles. Since bonding day #1, you can see how Max has bonded with you both.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures and little bits of info about your surroundings and your daily activities. It makes us all feel a part of your adventure.
Remember, if you run out of food, you can always survive on chocolate!
Donna wants to know if Max has a twin you can bring home for her? :)
ReplyDeletewow, what an infectious giggle he has--I know everyone is thinking and saying it, but he is just adorable!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is truly wonderful! He is so adorable, I can hardly stand it!
ReplyDeleteI promised my mom and sister that I would tell you that they both said Max looks just like you, Scott. I think it's that half smile. What a cutie!
We miss you both so much. I know this is probably the hardest thing in the world. I can't even imagine. But just think, soon you will be back in the States getting everything ready for him, then back to get him, then back for good.
We can't wait!
Love the laughter and giggles from all three of you.
ReplyDeleteIn your spare time :) start making a list of things (light weight things :) we can gather to send back with you on your 6 week visit. More clothes for OMIT, toys etc.
LOL I do think max looks like scott--too cute, really--I want to see more and more pix!!
ReplyDeleteAunt nance:)