We did lots of exploring by crawling around the room and we even did some walking with assistance. He loves all of his new toys, especially the stacking cups and rings. He likes banging them around and making lots of noise. He had a balloon given to him by a very nice Spanish couple who were sharing the bonding room with us today and he loved squeezing it to make sounds. He likes throwing his toy and then crawling after it. There was a lot of giggling today and we found out he is very ticklish though it is difficult under all those layers. Since most of you are not familiar with their culture, here goes: The Kazakh people are generally very overprotective of children in any cold weather. Although right now, it is springtime and in the 60's, we still see most every kid out on the streets wearing a winter hat.
Max was wearing a (thankfully) thin blue hat. He ditched the girly pink one he had on yesterday. This matched his blue jacket which was on over his overalls which were covering his long sleeved shirt which was over his onesie with feet that were also covered with woolen socks. The poor little guy was very sweaty. We took his hat off (briefly, since this is frowned upon) just to see his hair color (brown, to match his eyes). He must have liked the feeling because he kept tugging on it and we were afraid we would get in trouble. The caregivers just happened to need to keep cutting through the bonding room though we're sure they weren't keeping tabs on us :).
Prior to our visit with Max, we actually ventured out of our comfort zone and went to the market without our interpreter. We took no offense to being followed around and watched by the workers. Since Jenny had her purse, they likely thought she was a shoplifter. Damn Americans! We noticed on our way out that all the women were putting their bags into these lockers, so that may have caused the tailing. Next time, we wi'll not bring the purse and then we'll see if they are still suspicious. :)
We have made friends with another American couple who also use our adoption agency, Little Miracles. They are from Alaska and have been here for about a month and a half. They are very bold and are staying for one loooooooong trip of at least three months. At least they have gotten some of the language down. Our language CDs generously lent to us by Laura Holland have been gathering dust for the last (almost) year. We'll start those some time soon, we promise. Hopefully, we'll be going out with Shannon and Jonathan for a drink later this evening.
Here's some video (assuming this works)...
Here's some video (assuming this works)...
And one more photo. Max has not yet gotten it perfected, but he is currently working on a "trick" that was originally shown to us by Jordan Darnell. Jordan, you'll have to show him how it's done when we bring him home.
Day 3 will be a morning session tomorrow, so we'll see how he is at that time of day.

Ah, how we recognize the Jojo move!...he's just about got it down! You guys look SO happy in the pics and video! What priceless footage of that sweet giggle! Thanks for sharing your time there with all of us!
ReplyDelete~Mary, Louie, & Madelyn
Max has such a sweet giggle! He is precious!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, what does the surrounding area look like - the country, buildings, market, etc.
Oh, Jenny! See how he looks at you already! (sniff sniff) Keep the great pictures and videos coming! Had any interesting meals yet??
ReplyDeleteHey guys!!
ReplyDeleteMax is so adorable. I love the video and getting to see his facial expressions. You can tell her really loves you guys and I know you love him just as much if not more. It looks like he already has you two wrapped around his finger but with a face like that, I can see why. Jen-you look soo happy with him in that video and you made him smile so much. That is awesome and I am so happy for you. I love seeing both of you soo happy and I cannot wait to see more pictures and hopefully more videos of him. His little laugh is possibly the cutest thing I have heard and definitely made me tear up. I cannot wait to meet him. This summer is going to be the longest one of my life I can tell. Ill be waiting for another post tomorrow.
I love you both!!!
Aha... a wrestler! Love that he can already pin daddy. Great shots, great update and freakin adorable video. Love love love it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll! I love a guy who loves to laugh!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, "Falling Slowly" came on when I was watching your awesome video. The perfect mix of the two totally made me cry.
Thank you for bringing all of us along with you during this amazing journey.
What a cutie! I could look at the pictures and video all day. I now have new wallpaper and screen saver at work. I will at home as soon as I figure out how. Love hearing the giggle. You both look so happy and I'm delighted and happy for you all. Can't wait to meet Max. Love to and from all, Mom
ReplyDeleteJordan said she will be happy to teach him. She said "I can be - like - his gymnastics teacher!"
ReplyDeleteOh Jenny, he is PERFECT!!! I can just see you falling in love with each other in every picture. The video actually made me tear up it was so stinkin' adorable! We couldn't be happier for you and your perfect little family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Marla