Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bonding Day #7

Things are still going smoothly here. We still aren't getting the initial excitement we would LOVE to see when they bring him into the room, but he smiles and remembers that these are the people who come to play with me every day. We still don't think that he feels we are of any significance yet, but we are confident it will come eventually. He is always happy to go back to his caregivers (which we are totally happy about ourselves), especially since it is dinnertime. The caregivers here really love the children that are in their charge and they do the best they can with their resources. This makes it much easier for us to deal with leaving him for a month.

Some pictures (still love that half-smile)...




Lots of cup stacking today (and they even dressed him in some of the clothes that we brought for him...special thanks to Marla George for her donations!).


And this one is for JoJo Darnell...



And (by request), here's some video of Cheerios-time...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Cheerios video. How cute is that! I am so glad to hear he is loved and comfortable with his care givers. That will make the few weeks apart a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going to yoga classes off and on for awhile and I can tell you -- that Jo Jo/Max move is NOT to be underestimated! And today as a tripod, nonetheless! As always, loving the blog and the photos. Thank you. Jennifer and Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheerios and porridge-he is such a cutie!!! I love that half smile too!!!
    at least he is well cared for, and loved, but it certainly is going to be difficult to leave , even for a few weeks.
    (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
    Bob, nance and Jessa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenny and Scott- and little Max on the awesome new life you are going to have with your new parents. We are very excited for all of you. We have been reading your blogs everyday and Carlie loves coming over to the computer to see the "baby" pictures and video. Unfortunately I just learned about this comment thing or I would have posted a comment earlier. He is a beautiful little guy and you both are already doting parents- I love it. Thanks for sharing all of this with us. Can't wait to meet him!
    Bev, Roger and Carlie

    ReplyDelete