Monday, May 25, 2009

Bonding Day #5

Another good day with Max. We much prefer the more active afternoon sessions to the laid-back morning ones. He was ready to play as soon as they brought him in. We made the mistake of giving him some Cheerios at the beginning, so he was a little preoccupied with getting more and more of them. In the future, we'll have to hold off on the cereal until the last half hour of our bonding session. We felt bad having to cut him off, but we didn't want to give him too much, especially since we probably aren't supposed to be giving him any at all. He was walking a lot and was in a really smiley mood as you'll see in the pictures and video. He discovered his bald head and he was taking his hat off all by himself. The cool air must have felt good because he kept taking it off and smiling.






We had dinner at a Ukranian restaurant with our Alaskan friends this evening. They were excited about getting their court date confirmed and we went out to celebrate. Jenny had the Pelmini (a beef filled pasta with butter on top) and I had a dish consisting of toasted mashed potato balls stuffed with beef. Both dishes were quite good and an added bonus was that the menu was in English as well as Russian. Ordering wasn't quite a chore for us this time.

And since we neglected to share this video on Thursday (since I hadn't yet learned how to trim the length down from 20 minutes which would have taken hours to load), here's some video of Max eating his porridge (which we find hilarious) from our first day of bonding. Check out those fine motor skills...

9 comments:

  1. That boy is handling his porridge!
    Misha has some excellent spoon skills.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny and Scott.... I know we haven't spoken much recently but I'm so excited you including me on your blog. I've been keeping up faithfully. It brings a tear to my eye every time I read your postings and see the pics. Words can't say how happy I am for you!!! I love you guys....Christy Pinkley P.S. Jenny, you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be no O.T. for this young man! How great are those fine motor skills?!?! This therapist gives Max an A+ for fine motor development =)

    We're loving the updates~~ Max is such a beautiful little boy and we are so happy for you!

    Keep the postings coming!
    Jen Dermody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny and Scott,
    I'm using your Mom's computer since I have tried 5x and it doesn't work. It looks like the
    bonding sessions are working well. He really is a cute little guy. I love that smile.
    Have you tried to play Peekaboo? My grandkids
    have all liked that. Well, I'm running out of words for now so till next time.....
    Love, Aunt Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scott and Jenny,
    This is Marlene again. I am now at my own computer trying to do a comment again.
    I wanted to say I am so glad you met another couple from the States. I loved watching the video of him eating his porridge. He will do really good with a regular spoon. That spoon
    was hugh for him. You can tell he is getting
    used to both of you. You might try to leave something with him on your last day something
    with your scent on it. They just might let him have it. Looking forward to tomorrow's blog. Love, Aunt Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. speechless....he's perfect...this is my first time logging on, I was having password issues...he's yours..he's...i'm just weeping over here for you, and for him...I have so much I want to say...I have not read everything yet because I was not expecting to see photos and i am just blown away and had to write immediately...I remember THE very first instant I saw Gunnar's face (formerly Abner Raymundo Cruz!)We had arrived in Guatemala at 5am and at 9am he was in in the lobby...I will never forget it...that "knowing" I felt...I will write again asap. I can't wait to read your journal.
    lovelove to you both, and to your beautiful amazing son.
    Jennifer Louis Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The videos you are sharing are wonderful! Just in the past few days of looking at your pictures, I can see how much Max has bonded with you guys. He looks SO happy!

    ps: Love his little bald head! His hair will grow quickly when he gets back home and doesn't have to wear the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great smile! We continue to enjoy reading how everything is going. Great to hear he's a happy guy!

    Tommy watched the video with me and said "Baby Max eating the juice". It was cute. Can't wait for them to play ball together!

    Love,
    Robyn, Sean, and Tommy

    ReplyDelete