Monday, May 18, 2009

Checking In

Well, a big thank you to Timmy for driving us to the airport. It was a beautiful day for a ride on the Anderson Ferry. Jenny and I had three bags to check (stuffed to the gills.....thanks Rodg and Krista for the loaners). Needless to say, they were a little over the 50-pound maximum. What we did not realize was that it would be a $350 per bag charge for each of the two overweight bags (international rates). The nice people at United suggested we buy a small bag at the airport store and spread the weight around. Well, a $10 bag carrying 8 pounds of stuff beats the heck out of a $700 charge for too much weight. Live and learn, I guess. It's about 3:30 and our flight to Chicago is about to board. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. From now until you get back home, I will be a blog stalker! I'm praying for you guys - especially for strength and energy. Miss you Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all that Math finally paid off!

    ReplyDelete