Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bonding Day #6

Another great day with Max (we're wondering when we might not have such a great day...one has to be coming, right? Actually, the only time he has gotten fussy at all was when the caregivers brought some food for Fleur, the baby being adopted by the Spanish couple. He was very preoccupied by her food and wanted it himself. We gave him some Cheerios at the end of our session, but it makes us sad that he is hungry all the time.)

In addition to the usual walking and crawling, we are starting to hear a lot more babbling from Max. He's just itching to get that first step and first word out before we leave. It is becoming his habit to crawl over to the bench, stand up, and throw his toys around. He likes walking around and gathering them up, followed by tossing them one by one to the floor. He was trying to climb over the bench today, but he just can't quite make it.

He enjoyed playing with a balloon that was brought by the Spanish couple, Paco and Lola.
And here's a photo of his baby house. The name on the sign "YMIT" is pronounced "oo-meet" and means hope.
Our last day of bonding will be June 4th, so we will likely be leaving for home on the 6th. The sooner we get home, the sooner we can return and the sooner we'll all be home together.

14 comments:

  1. I just love the picture with the balloon. His entire face is lit up with that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo precious...That smile just gets me every time. The video yesterday of him eating porridge was hilarious. I cant wait to see him do that when he gets home. I cant wait to see you guys when you get home and probably all the other pictures you have of him. I love you both so much!!

    Love
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and Jenny,
    I think he will be surprised how mobile he really is once he is "unbundled"!! He'll be scaling benches in a single bound! So glad to hear that everything is going so well! Josie loved the video of Max and his porridge and watched it over and over again. We noticed that he didn't spill and he always kept his mouth over his bowl. I told Jo to take notes! Just wait until he can eat Snoopy ice cream at the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kid's got a million dollar smile. A-freakin-dorable! Let me know if you need the number for a good agent. Max should be in pictures, I tells ya!

    Rp

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little bald headed beautiful nephew is just perfect. It breaks my heart as I'm sure it does yours to know that on June 5th he'll be looking for you. The progression of his interaction and how he feels about his visits with the two of you each day shows brighter and brighter on that adorable face with each passing day.
    God Speed hurry home so thay you'll be able to be reunited.
    We love you guys,
    The Jem's
    P.S. Please include a picture of all three of you together before you leave:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny and Scott,

    Max is beautiful!!! The Niemillers in Morrow are follwing the blog. We cannot wait to meet him. Keep the pictures coming.

    We usually look at this together and all I hear is Ahhhhhhhhh! from the entire family.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow he is such a cutie!!!!! What a wonderful smile he has. we are so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect little face, full of YMIT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. June 6th?!? Who am I going to stand next to for "We Pass Our Light to You" tomorrow night? I guess Klus and I will have to carry the song this year.

    Thanks for the updates. We are overjoyed to be sharing this beautiful experience with yu through the blog.

    Much love,

    The Tierneys

    ReplyDelete
  10. If at all possible, could you sneak a picture of Max eating the all American food, Cheerios?

    ReplyDelete
  11. scott & jenny -- wow! not only is max incredibly adorable, but you're not kidding about the fine motor skills! love the pictures & videos!

    so, my mom told me she posted a note telling you to leave something with your scent on it for max. i'm sure you giggled, as you should :) but, i did that when i was trying to get pj to sleep through the night... i would keep his "sleepy guy" in my shirt while we were playing & then he would have it at naptime/overnight. it seemed to work well with him. i got the idea from a book called "The No Cry Sleep Solution"...seems to fit with attachment theory. might be a cool way to help max think of you in the month separation before he comes home with you

    anyway -- i'm super happy for you both & max too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again,
    That smile is getting better and better. I'm
    sure the bonding must be working. Another
    thing I have noticed with all the grandkids
    when they were little is they love to knock
    things over especially the boys. I stack
    and they knowck them down and after a bit they want to knock then down before I can get 3 or 4 of them stacked up and they think it's funny.
    Well, I hate to think of you leaving him. That
    is when you are really going to need prayers.
    You all have everyone excited about seeing Max
    in person. Did you do any shopping? Just
    wondering...if everything really expensive.
    Take care-give Max a hug and kiss from me.
    Love, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny and Scott,
    He is absolutely precious! I love hearing about Max and seeing his adorable pictures. He is too cute! Jenny - let me know if there is anything you need for home, I may have it! What size clothing is he wearing? Take care and I will continue checking the blog. That's the first thing I do each morning at school!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys! So excited for you all! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with all of us. What an amazing experience and what an amazing little guy! Enjoy every moment- this is going to mean so much to him when he is old enough to understand! We keep praying for you! Can't wait for you all to be together for good and we can meet him!

    ReplyDelete