A few of you have already been told, but I wanted to make sure we kept everyone up to date on our progress. We've been asked a million times "Any news?" and now, we actually have some to share!
On Wednesday afternoon (May 6), we received a call from our adoption coordinator. She was calling to let us know that our paperwork has left our region and was on its way to the Kazakhstan capital of Astana. The Ministry in our region of Aqtobe has signed off on our adoption. After one or two more weeks of processing in Astana, our Letter of Invitation will be sent to our adoption agency who will then notify us that it is time to travel !! The LOI is what we have been anxiously awaiting these last seven months. And now it is almost here. Once the invitation arrives, we will immediately need to make our travel arrangements and send in our visa application. We will have only a few days to get everything together and leave the U.S. Needless to say, we are thrilled and nervous all at the same time. It has been a looooong journey and it never really seemed like we were getting closer to the end, but now it is terrifyingly HERE!
Just to remind you of how the travel works, here goes. Our first trip will last around two weeks. This is the bonding period during which we will visit the baby home (orphanage) twice daily to visit and play with our child. After the bonding period is up, we will return home without the baby for about a month. Then we will return to Aqtobe for court, after which we have the option of returning home or staying in country while the final processing takes place. Since we will be able to visit daily AND it will be summertime (no school!!), we have decided to stay for one longer second trip instead of two shorter ones. We will be staying in Kazakhstan for six weeks on that second trip. We're hoping Sydney (our dog) still remembers us when we get home!
The next thing you'll be hearing from us (hopefully very soon) will be that we are leaving!
Thanks for all the prayers and support,
Scott and Jenny Louis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG - this is wonderful news! Jen, you are absolutely beaming in the picture with Misha on your lap!!!
ReplyDeleteJenny - I am so happy for you,Scott, and your new little guy!! I can't stop smiling as I read this and see this little miracle taking place. I think Scott better watch out, b/c Misha has already stolen your heart! I am so happy for you all and I can't wait to read today's update!!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Daddy and Max and the video!!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff. I'm fascinated by all of the layering of clothes. And now the cold drinking water thing. That's the cool part about different cultures. I wonder what other folks would think if they observed our Halloween tradition...where little kids go up to random strangers' houses and ask for candy.
ReplyDeleteNice touch with the purple shout out to Sean and Elder volleyball.
Matt K.